Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

If you see this message, please make sure that you are using original
TwoMovies website: Two Movies (click here to visit)

Christmas is finished take down the tree & decorations (260 views)

senior guru
Okay Christmas is officially over now can we get back to normal.

All the weird food and drink has been consumed, surely, and so we can all return to eating our everyday grub. Give me a plate of egg, bacon and chips (fries) please!

And no I don't want to hear any more Carols or see anymore so-called Christmas movies thank you.

Wait another year and you can do it all over again.

Meanwhile, it's over: Finished.

+1

top expert
!
(3wk)
Not even remotely. The "12 Days of Christmas" STARTED today; Christmas season is over on Jan 6th, just like it always has been. There are cultures out there that don't even exchange gifts until "Little Christmas" when the wise men come, on Epiphany.

The lights (and Christmas socks, and Christmas ties) stay on another week-and-a-half. Another round of egg nog, Christmas ham leftovers and Reindeer crack for all! Ho, ho, ho!!!

+8

senior master
Thought you be one for the full 12 day tradition.

+3

master
!
box
(3wk)
We keep going here (in Spain) until the 6th when the Kings (Wise Men) appear on the Eve and distribute presents and coal where necessary. The party is only getting started. The Crinch just wants to get on to his favourite festival - Easter.

+2

guru
Exactly, there's still more greed and gluttony to be had! If we stop mindlessly consuming now, Corporate Claus won't get his bonus. That's right, eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow the bill comes due. smiley

+5

guru
!
(3wk)
Sorry Crutchbender, even here in the Antipodes we still observe the 12 days of Christmas and the tree and decorations don't come down until the 6th January. There are still plenty of traditionalists that reserve Christmas Day for family and Boxing day for visiting friends and exchanging gifts.

+4

Full on white trash here... our sh*t stays up until we switch it out for the Easter decorations smiley smiley smiley

+4

top expert
!
(2wk)
Yep, and we can't forget the Orthodox folks, who don't celebrate until Jan 7th, because of the switchover from Julian to Gregorian calendars. And then I'm pretty sure THEY get 12 days of Christmas, which really brings us up to Martin Luther King Day 3-day holiday weekend (in the U.S.), so I'll basically be partying my buns off until February.
But you slackers and lightweights who can't pace yourself...feel free to knock off any time.
smiley

+2

master
!
(2wk)
Nope, the celebration of the holidays is not finished yet, not by a long shot. The tree stays up in my house until the 6th of January. There is still lots of things to celebrate, lots of food to eat, plenty of family and friends reunions and birthdays to celebrate. And there is also the New Year celebration, and the fact that I do not have to be back at work until the 15th... Plenty of things to celebrate with a beautiful tree up.

+2

guru

senior guru
Alright alright: Merry 4th day of Christmas everyone.

senior master
!
(2wk)
That's a lot of down-votes for such a festive thread. +1 smiley

People actually celebrate Christmas? decorate and all that fun stuff? wowza smiley Where's the spirit?

+2

guru
@EUNOIA I am tired of my dogs, grabbing Xmas ornaments, and hiding them lol. I also put them up too early and now sick of looking at it all, thats my excuse lol.

+1

master
!
box
(2wk)
@Rescue Dog Mama Tell Alexa it's too early to take them down!!!!! Doooooon't do it - keep the dogs happy.

+1

guru
@box Lol, they are spoiled enough! I am also afraid my Chi(chihuahua) might choke on something, if no one is around.

+1

senior master
!
(2wk)
@Rescue Dog Mama My husband and I look forward to those moments when our fur-babies go crazy for the X-Mas tree smiley it's a joy to see their little faces all happy each year it goes up. We hang treats and toys on the tree just for them and one of the main reasons we put it up and keep it up until a few weeks into January. We are huge animal lovers and believe in equal rights lol smiley

+3

senior guru
Happy 5th Day of Christmas everyone. smiley

+2

master
!
box
(2wk)
@Crutchbender On the fifth day of Christmas
My true love gave to me
Five gold rings
Four calling birds
Three French hens
Two turtle doves
And a partridge in a pear tree

Still waiting ... and the perfume too!

senior guru
Very merry 6th Day of Christmas to one and all. smiley

senior guru
So today is it: Christmas is definitely Finished.

Hope you all had a great Holiday (12 days!).

And have an equally great New Year (366 days!).

master
!
box
(1wk)
On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me:

12 Drummers Drumming
11 Pipers Piping
10 Lords a Leaping
9 Ladies Dancing
8 Maids a Milking
7 Swans a Swimming
6 Geese a Laying